Chunky, funky, down & dirty ... this rugged little locomotive is great for yard switching, quarry operations or any sort of industrial operation on the smallest or largest layouts! Inspired by kitbashes by legendary On30 modelers Sam Barbose and Allen Littlefield, the Little-Bose boxcab is LOADED with details.
This is an ideal "first kit" to get started! And loads of fun for experience modelers, too.
Kit includes full body assembly, side sills, interior bulkhead with seats ... PLUS headlight, bell, horn, muffler, steps, grab-irons, intake panels and see-thru mesh panels. Top quality resin castings with illustrated instructions. Headlight may be top-mounted or front-mounted with parts provided.
Check out our Crusty, Rusty, Blistered & Peeling paint article for a step-by-step guide to achieving a weathered look using simple techniques!
Little-Bose boxcabs are great for kitbashing. Take a look at Herwig Gerstner's fabulous electric rack-railway locomotive here and check out more ideas in our Boxcab Bashing Ideas article!
Special thanks to Allen Littlefield and Sam Barbose for inspiring the design of this kit!
- Also available in an economical two-pack for twice as much fun!
- Requires mechanism from Bachmann On30 Davenport ("side-rod critter")
- Minimum radius: easily operates on 12" radius, maybe even tighter!
- Scale measurements: 13'3" long over foot steps x 7' wide across frame.
- Kit requires assembly! You'll need paint, glue (ACC or 5-minute epoxy) and basic modeling tools.
Click Thumbnails below for more photos!
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 27 October, 2008.