Double-headed boxcabs make a great road locomotive for heavy hauling ... then you can split the pair apart to perform complex switching tasks in the tightest spaces. Inspired by kitbashes by legendary On30 modelers Sam Barbose and Allen Littlefield, the Little-Bose Twins are LOADED with details.
This is an ideal "first kit" to get started! And loads of fun for experience modelers, too.
Kit includes full body assembly, side sills, interior bulkhead with seats ... PLUS headlight, bell, horn, muffler, steps, grab-irons, intake panels and see-thru mesh panels. Top quality resin castings with illustrated instructions. Headlight may be top-mounted or front-mounted with parts provided. (Kit builds TWO locos.)
Check out our Crusty, Rusty, Blistered & Peeling paint article for a step-by-step guide to achieving a weathered look using simple techniques!
Little-Bose boxcabs are great for kitbashing. Take a look at Herwig Gerstner's fabulous electric rack-railway locomotive here and check out more ideas in our Boxcab Bashing Ideas article!
Special thanks to Allen Littlefield and Sam Barbose for inspiring the design of this kit!
- Also available in a single kit!
- Requires mechanism from TWO Bachmann On30 Davenport ("side-rod critter")
- Minimum radius: easily operates on 12" radius, maybe even tighter!
- Scale measurements: 13'3" long over foot steps x 7' wide across frame.
- Kit requires assembly! You'll need paint, glue (ACC or 5-minute epoxy) and basic modeling tools.
Click Thumbnails below for more photos
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 27 October, 2008.